Trash will be collected once a week, on Tuesday.
To help protect our employees, we strongly encourage that ALL HOUSEHOLD TRASH BE PLACED IN BAGS inside the CWD-provided grey 95-gallon trash cart.
Place all trash items out no later than 7:00 am for pickup between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm on your service day. Please ensure the trash receptacles and the recycle cart are separated by at least three (3) feet, and three (3) feet away from obstacles such as mailboxes, fences, gas meters, and drainage ditches. Position the trash cart with the wheels toward the residence.
Recycling will be picked up every other Tuesday, based on the 2023 Frisco West Recycling Collection Calendar. Download it or print it for later reference.
The 2024 Frisco West Recycling Collection Schedule is now available!
All recyclables must be placed inside the blue 95-gallon recycle cart.
Place all recyclable items out no later than 7:00 am for pickup between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm on your service day. Please ensure the recycle cart and the trash cart are separated by at least three (3) feet, and three (3) feet away from obstacles such as mailboxes, fences, gas meters, and drainage ditches. Please ensure there is a 16-foot clearance above your cart. Overloaded carts will not be serviced.
Position the recycle cart with the wheels toward the residence.
Recycling is serviced by Automated Side Load (ASL) trucks. ASL trucks must have adequate space in the street or alleyway for the truck to line up to a cart and allow for the truck’s arm and claw to extend to retrieve the cart. In order to protect your property, the driver will not service your cart(s) if vehicles or other obstacles are positioned too close to the cart(s). Important: please allow a 16′ vertical clearance to ensure there is no damage to property and carts can be serviced.
- Aluminum, Steel & Tin Containers
- Corrugated Cardboard & Boxboard
- Mixed Paper
- Wax-Coated Paper Drink Containers
- Plastic Containers #1-5 & #7 (No Styrofoam)
DO NOT RECYCLE:
- Paper Towels, Facial & Toilet Tissue
- Food & Wet Waste
- Grass Clippings
- Plastic Bags & Packaging
- Paper, Plastic & Styrofoam Serving Items
Bulk & Brush Collection
Bulky waste will be collected weekly.
You are limited to two (2) cubic yards of bulky waste per collection. No single item should exceed 150 pounds.
Important! CWD does not provide pickup for commercial demolition, construction, nor remodeling debris. Household debris must be containerized to be eligible for pickup. The box or other disposable container must be no larger than 2′ x 2′ x 4′ and weigh no more than 50 pounds.
Place all bulky waste and brush items in front of your home and at least three (3) feet from your trash and recycle carts no later than 7:00 am on your designated collection day.
Please note that all material left outside the cart will be disposed of as trash.
ALL BRUSH MUST BE TIED AND BUNDLED. Bundled brush cannot exceed four (4) by two (2) feet nor weigh more than 50 pounds per bundle.
Have bulk items that exceed the acceptable limit or loose (unbundled) brush? Want it all picked up at once? Please contact CWD for a price quote at 972.392.9300, Option 2.
Bulky Waste – Acceptable
- Toys and Yard Tools Tagged as “Bulk Item”
- Bundled Carpet in 4-foot Lengths
- Fence Panels No Larger than 4′ x 6′
- Washing Machines, Dryers, Water Heaters and Kitchen Appliances
- Refrigerators/Freezers (must be tagged certifying removal of refrigerants)
Bulky Waste – Prohibited
- Single Items Weighing More than 150 Pounds
- Commercial Remodeling/Construction Debris
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Tires, Batteries, and Propane Tanks
- Loose Debris (Debris must be placed in a box or other container no larger than 2′ x 2′ x 4′ and weighing no more than 50 pounds.)
*** COMING JANUARY 2024 ***
Household Hazardous Waste & Used Electronics Door-side Collection
CWD’s Door-side Collection program encourages safe, easy, and responsible disposal of approved hazardous waste and used electronics. This service is provided for Frisco West residents up to once a month, and is included in your regular monthly trash and recycling charge.
How to Prepare for your HHW & Used Electronics Collection
- Call CWD at 972.394.9300/Option 2 at least two weeks in advance, and request Door-side Collection service.
- CWD will mail you a collection kit.
- Assemble your HHW according to the instructions provided.
- Place your HHW at your doorstep, where CWD will pick it up.
Bags must be placed near your entrance door, garage, or another area IN FRONT OF YOUR HOME. Do NOT place HHW curbside. Please ensure your HHW is visible from the street.
- Do not overfill the bag.
- Only the bag provided to you may be used.
- Bag must be closed securely.
- Items outside the bag must be placed in a cardboard box.
- Do not drag the bag.
- Pack the bag where it will be placed for collection and place all electronics, auto batteries and fluorescent tubes outside the bag.
- Wrap multiple fluorescent tubes together with tape. If available, use the original packaging to hold the tubes and stand them up to prevent breakage.
- Do not fill with pool chemicals as this can start a fire.
Door-side HHW & Used Electronics Collection Schedule
Refer to the 2024 Frisco West HHW Collection Schedule for specific dates. Download it or print it for later reference.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q I have a bulk/brush pile that exceeds two (2) cubic yards. Can it be picked up all at one time?
A Yes! Call CWD Customer Service at 972.392.9300, Option 2, and request an estimate for a special pickup. Estimates are free.
Q Am I able to get a second trash and/or recycle cart?
A Absolutely! To request an additional cart, please call the District at 972.987.4250.
Q How do I get my cart replaced if it is damaged or has normal wear and tear? Does it cost anything?
A Please call CWD at 972.392.9300, Option 2. There is no cost for a replacement unless the damage was caused by fire.
Q My trash and/or items for recycling were not picked up. Is there anything I can do?
A Please contact CWD Customer Service at 972.392.9300, Option 2, within 24 hours of your missed pickup.