In partnership with the City of Lancaster, Community Waste Disposal provides a comprehensive program for all refuse and recycling needs.
- Place all items at your front curb by 7:00 am for service between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm.
- Household trash should be in disposable bags inside the provided 95-gallon trash carts.
- Trash carts must be 2 ft away from the recycle cart and 5 ft away from any obstacles. (mailboxes, cars, fences, gas meters or drainage ditches)
- Trash carts must have a 16 ft clearance above the carts.
Place cart out by 7:00 AM for service between 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM.
All items MUST be placed in the cart.
Recycle cart must be 3 ft. away from the trash cart and 5 ft. away from any obstacles: such as mailboxes, cars, fences, gas meters or drainage ditches and have a 16 ft. clearance above the carts.
Recycling Dos & Don’ts (PDF)
Household Hazardous & Electronic Waste Disposal Residents may dispose of HHW during the CWD Extreme Green Events or the Trash Off Events to be held in Lancaster. Please visit www.Lancaster-tx.com or check this website for times and dates of the CWD X-treme Green Events.
Bulk & Brush
Bulky waste and brush will be collected bi-monthly on the even months. You are limited to 12 cubic yards of bulky waste and brush per collection.
Tree limbs must be placed with trunks parallel to the street without obstructing the sidewalk. Individual items or bundles must weigh less than 50 pounds, and be no longer than 10 feet.
Bulky Waste – Acceptable
- Toys and Yard Tools Tagged as “Bulk Item”
- Bundled Carpet in 4-foot Lengths
- Fence Panels No Larger than 4′ x 6′
- Washing Machines, Dryers, Water Heaters and Kitchen Appliances
- Refrigerators/Freezers (must be tagged certifying removal of refrigerants)
- Additional Trash Bags
Bulky Waste – Prohibited
- Commercial Construction and Remodeling Debris
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Tires, Batteries, and Propane Tanks
- Loose Debris (Debris must be placed in a box or other container no larger than 2′ x 2′ x 4′ and weigh no more than 50 pounds.)
On odd months, residents may be drop off up to 12 cubic yards of bulky waste and brush at the CWD Transfer Station, 2010 California Crossing, Dallas, the first Saturday of each month, 8:00 am – 1:00 pm, excluding holidays. A copy of your current water bill is required. Charges will apply to volumes in excess of 12 cubic yards.
X-treme Green Events
Please visit the City of Lancaster’s website or check back here for times and dates of CWD X-treme Green Events.
CWD provides all Commercial Trash and Recycling Services in the City of Forney.
Contact CWD’s representatives to change or set up new service at 972.392.9300, Option 2, or email us at email@example.com.
Trash and Recycling services are provided weekly.
Bulk & Brush Collection services are bi-monthly on the even months. Click here to find your service week.
The Lancaster Brochure is available to browse online or to download.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q How can I dispose of hazardous waste?
A Bring your hazardous waste to a CWD Extreme Green Event or Lancaster Trash Off Event in the City of Lancaster.
Q Whom should I contact to request an extra recycle bin?
A Please visit Lancaster City Hall at 211 N. Henry St. or visit the Lancaster website. You can also call 972.218.1300 for assistance from the city.
Q How do I get a special pickup for extra items or non-compliant items?
A Call CWD Customer Service at 972.392.9300, and request an estimate for a special pickup.
Q My trash and/or items for recycling were not picked up. Is there anything I can do?
A Please contact CWD Customer Service at 972.392.9300, Option 2, within 24 hours of your missed pickup.