In partnership with the Town of Addison, Community Waste Disposal provides a comprehensive program for all refuse and recycling needs.
Trash is picked up twice a week, on Mondays and Thursdays.
Place all trash items out no later than 7:00 am for pickup between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm on your service days. Please ensure the trash receptacles and the recycle cart are separated by at least three (3) feet, and three (3) feet away from obstacles such as mailboxes, cars, fences, gas meters, and drainage ditches.
Trash must be bagged or placed in disposable boxes.
Place brush by curb on designated trash day. Brush must be tied and bundled in 4-foot lengths. The maximum weight is 50 pounds.
NO LOOSE BRUSH IS PERMITTED.
For Loose Brush or Bulk collection, please call Town of Addison at 972.450.2871.
Recyclables are picked up every Monday.
Place all recyclable items out no later than 7:00 am for pickup between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm on your service days. Please ensure the recycle cart and the trash receptacles are separated by at least three (3) feet, and three (3) feet away from obstacles such as mailboxes, cars, fences, gas meters, and drainage ditches.
Position the recycle cart with the wheels toward the residence.
Household Hazardous Waste & Used Electronics Door Side Collection
CWD’s Door Side Collection program encourages safe, easy, and responsible disposal of approved hazardous waste and electronics. Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) & Used Electronics collection day is the first Thursday of each month. To schedule, please call no later than the 15th of the month prior.
Items accepted via the HHW & Used Electronics Door Side Collection program include poison, solvent, oil-based and latex paint, aerosols, used motor oil, auto batteries, fluorescent tubes, and televisions.
How to Prepare for your HHW & Used Electronics Collection
- Call CWD at 972.392.9300, Option 2.
- CWD will mail you a collection kit.
- Assemble your HHW according to the instructions provided.
- Place your HHW at your doorstep, where CWD will pick it up.
Bags must be placed near your entrance door, garage, or another area IN FRONT OF YOUR HOME. Do NOT place HHW curbside.
- Do not overfill the bag.
- Only the bag provided to you may be used.
- Bag must be closed securely.
- Items outside the bag must be placed in a cardboard box.
- Do not drag the bag.
- Pack the bag where it will be placed for collection and place all electronics, auto batteries and fluorescent tubes outside the bag.
- Wrap multiple fluorescent tubes together with tape. If available, use the original packaging to hold the tubes and stand them up to prevent breakage.
- Do not fill with pool chemicals as this can start a fire.
Please call 972.392.9300, Option 2, to request a replacement cart.
Trash collection is twice a week, on Mondays and Thursdays.
Recycling services are provided once a week, on Mondays.
The Addison Brochure is available to browse online or to download.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q My trash was out during the acceptable time frame, but it was not picked up. Whom should I contact?
A Please contact CWD Customer Service at 972.392.9300, Option 2. If after hours, please leave a message.
Q I have loose brush and/or bulk. How can I arrange to have it picked up?
A Call the Town of Addison at 972.450.2871 to arrange for a special pickup.