In partnership with the City of Keller, Community Waste Disposal provides a comprehensive program for all refuse and recycling needs.
- Place all items at your front curb by 7:00 am for service between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm.
- Do not place items out more than 12 hours before your pick-up day.
- Household trash may be in customer owned cans or disposable bags or boxes.
- Containers may not weight more than 50 lbs when filled.
- Brush must be tied and bundled and not longer than 4’ nor over 50 lbs in weight.
- Bulk – see bulky waste tab for acceptable/non-acceptable items.
- Commercial construction or remodeling debris. Call CWD for an estimate for special pickup.
- Household hazardous waste (paint, motor oil, pool chemicals, etc.) – take to Fort Worth Environmental Collection Agency (817.871.5257) at 6400 Bridge St. in Ft. Worth. (Must show copy of current water bill.)
- Miscellaneous automotive parts
Missed Collection? Contact CWD Customer Service within 24 hours at 817.795.9300.
Place 18-gallon recycle bin or 65-gallon recycle cart at your normal trash pick-up location by 7:00 am. For the recycle cart, please place the handles facing the street for efficient driver retrieval.
Place broken down corrugated cardboard next to the bin or cart or under the bin.
Put newspapers in paper bags or in bundles and place next to the bin or cart.
An additional bin may be obtained by calling Keller Town Hall at 817-743-4060.
An additional cart may be obtained by calling Community Waste Disposal at 817.795.9300
Household Hazardous & Electronic Waste Disposal Residents may drop off household hazardous waste at the Fort Worth Environmental Collection Center, 6400 Bridge Street. A copy of your current water bill is required. Go to www.fortworthgov.org/env/ for details including a list of acceptable items and hours or call the ECC Information Line at 817-392-EASY (3279).
Recycling Dos & Don’ts (PDF)
65-Gallon recycle carts are now available! Call CWD’s customer service to request your cart at 972.392.9300 Option 2.
Bulk Items – Acceptable
- Kitchen Appliances
- Washing Machines and Dryers
- Toys tagged as “Bulk Item”
- Yard Tools Tagged as “Bulk Item”
- Bundled Carpet in 4-Foot Lengths
- Water Heaters (drained)
- Furniture Fence Panels Not Bigger than 4 feet X 6 feet
- Bagged Leaves
- Refrigerators/Freezers (must be tagged certifying removal of refrigerant)
Bulk Items – Prohibited
- Commercial Construction or Remodeling Debris. Call CWD for a pick-up estimate.
- Household Hazardous Waste (paint, motor oil, pool chemicals, etc.).
- Miscellaneous Automotive Parts.
Additional Trash and Bulk Items May be dropped off free of charge at the CWD Transfer Station, 2010 California Crossing, Dallas, the first Saturday of each month, 8:00 am – 1:00 pm, excluding holidays. A copy of your current water bill is required.
Leaf Collection & Composting
Beginning this fall, the City of Keller in conjunction with Community Waste Disposal will be providing pick-up and recycling of bagged leaves for residential customers. The 2013 leaf recycling dates are Wednesdays: November 20th, December 4th and December 18th. Leaves need to be placed at the curb. Biodegradable bags are strongly encouraged to maximize our “green” efforts and can be purchased from a variety of retailers. The bags of leaves will be delivered by CWD to a site designated by the city where they will be combined with other organic matter and allowed to compost until quality humus is produced. The humus will be used by the city to improve soil conditions within the parks system. Participating in this program not only helps to reduce the waste stream, but also provides a valuable resource to the community.
For Commercial and Industrial Customers we have several equipment options: Front load containers in 4-, 6-, or 8-yard sizes, open top roll-off cans for both temporary or permanent service and Compactors in 30-, 35-, or 40-yard sizes.
Front load containers are serviced on set schedules from 1 to 6 days per week. Open tops and compactors can be serviced on set schedules or on an “on call” basis. We require a 24 hour notice for “on-call” services.
For service, contact CWD’s customer service by email or call 817.795.9300.
Trash serviced twice weekly on Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday
Recycle service weekly. See service map for pickup days.
Bulky Waste serviced twice weekly with trash on Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday
Brush serviced twice weekly with trash on Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday
- New Years Day – Not Affected
- Memorial Day – Pickup as regularly scheduled
- Independence Day – Pickup as regularly scheduled
- Labor Day – Pickup as regularly scheduled
- Thanksgiving – No Service, service resumes next service day
- Christmas – Not Affected
The Keller Brochure is available to browse online or to download.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q – How do I get a special pickup for extra items or non-compliant items?
A – Call CWD Customer Service at 817.795.9300 and request an estimate for a special pickup.
Q – How can I get an extra recycle bin?
A – Contact Keller Town Hall at 817.743.4060.
Q – How can I dispose of hazardous waste?
A – Take it to The Environmental Collection Center at 6400 Bridge Street in Ft. Worth. For more information call 817.392.3279.