Residents, place all items at your front curb by 7:00 a.m. for service to be completed by 8:00 p.m.
Please position your trash cart with its handles toward the street.
A maximum of five additional sealed trash bags will be collected if set beside the cart.
To avoid injury, 95-gallon carts should not contain more than 40 lbs. of materials. Trash bags set beside the cart should weigh no more than 40 lbs. each.
Place your 95-gallon recycle cart at your pickup location by 7:00 a.m. with handles toward the street. All recyclables must be placed inside the 95-gallon recycle cart.
Roll out the cart when full (a 40 pound maximum). Collection day is the same day as your trash day.
If you have extra recyclables that do not fit inside the 95-gallon cart, place items in cardboard boxes, brown Kraft bags or blue bags and place them next to your recycle cart.
Please separate recyclables and trash by 10 feet.
Bulk & Brush Collection
A maximum of four (4) cubic yards of bulk and brush items per week will be picked up.
Important! CWD does not provide pickup for commercial demolition, construction, nor remodeling debris. Household debris must be containerized to be eligible for pickup. The box or other disposable container must be no larger than 2′ x 2′ x 4′ and weigh no more than 50 pounds.
Bulk Items – Acceptable
- Loose Brush (Neatly Stacked)
- Kitchen Appliances
- Washing Machines and Dryers
- Yard Tools
- Bundled Carpet in 4-Foot Lengths
- Water Heaters
- Fence Panels (No Larger than 4′ x 6′)
- Bagged Leaves
- Refrigerators/Freezers (Must be Tagged Certifying Removal of Refrigerants)
Bulk Items – Prohibited
- Single Items Weighing More than 150 lbs.
- Commercial Construction or Remodeling Debris. Call CWD for a pickup estimate.
- Household Hazardous Waste (paint, motor oil, pool chemicals, etc.)
- Tires, Batteries and Propane Tanks
- Dirt, Rocks, Sod, Mulch
- Loose Household Debris (Debris must be placed in a box or other disposable container no larger than 2′ x 2′ x 4′ and weighing no more than 50 pounds.)
Additional Trash and Bulk Items
Additional items may be dropped off at the CWD Transfer Station, 2010 California Crossing Road, Dallas, TX 75220 the first Saturday of each month, 8:00 am – 1:00 pm, excluding holidays. A copy of your current water bill is required. Fees will be assessed according to volume of material.
Household Hazardous Waste & Used Electronics Door-side Collection
CWD’s Door-side Collection program encourages safe, easy, and responsible disposal of approved hazardous waste and electronics. Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) & Used Electronics collection day is the first Wednesday of the month. To schedule, please call no later than the 15th of the month prior.
Items accepted via the HHW & Used Electronics Door-side Collection program include poison, solvent, oil-based and latex paint, aerosols, used motor oil, auto batteries, fluorescent tubes, and televisions.
How to Prepare for Your HHW & Used Electronics Collection
- Call CWD at 972.392.9300/Option 2, at least two weeks in advance.
- CWD will mail you a collection kit.
- Assemble your HHW according to the instructions provided.
- Place your HHW at your doorstep, where CWD will pick it up.
Bags must be placed near your entrance door, garage, or another area IN FRONT OF YOUR HOME. Do NOT place HHW curbside. Please ensure your HHW is visible from the street.
- Do not overfill the bag.
- Only the bag provided to you may be used.
- Bag must be closed securely.
- Items outside the bag must be placed in a cardboard box.
- Do not drag the bag.
- Pack the bag where it will be placed for collection and place all electronics, auto batteries and fluorescent tubes outside the bag.
- Wrap multiple fluorescent tubes together with tape. If available, use the original packaging to hold the tubes and stand them up to prevent breakage.
- Do not fill with pool chemicals as this can start a fire.
Door-side Collection & Recycling Schedule
Easily view the 2023 Windmill Farms HHW Collection Schedule here. Download it or print it for later reference.
The 2024 Windmill Farms HHW Collection Schedule is now available!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q I’m not sure what my service day is. Is there an easy way to figure it out?
A Yes! Our online address tool will provide you with your service day and more! Click on View My Schedule from the menu bar above. Type in your residential service address to retrieve your information.
Q How do I get a special pickup for extra items or non-compliant items?
A Call CWD Customer Service at 972.392.9300, Option 2, to request an estimate for a special pickup. Estimates are always free.
Q How can I dispose of hazardous waste?
A Call CWD at 972.392.9300, Option 2, by the 15th of the month prior to collection day to be put on the HHW & Used Electronics collection list. CWD will mail a collection kit to your home.