In partnership with the City of Forney, Community Waste Disposal provides a comprehensive program for all refuse and recycling needs.
Trash will be collected once a week, on Wednesday.
Household trash may be in customer owned cans or disposable bags or boxes. Containers may not weigh more than 50 lbs when filled.
Residents should place all items at your front curb by 7 am for service between 7:00 am and 8:00 pm. on your service day. Please ensure the trash receptacles and the recycle cart are separated by at least 10 feet, and three (3) feet away from obstacles such as mailboxes, cars, fences, gas meters, and drainage ditches.
Recycling will be picked up every other Wednesday.
All recyclables must be placed inside the blue 95-gallon recycle cart.
Place all recyclable items out no later than 7:00 am for pickup between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm on your service days. Please ensure the recycle cart and trash receptacles are separated by at least 10 feet, and three (3) feet away from obstacles such as mailboxes, cars, fences, gas meters, and drainage ditches. Position the recycle cart with handles toward the street.
Bulk & Brush Collection
Bulky waste and brush will be collected on your regular trash pickup days. You are limited to four (4) cubic yards of bulky waste and loose brush per collection. Tied and bundled brush may be set out in unlimited quantities.
Place all bulky waste and brush items next to your trash receptacle no later than 7:00 am on your designated trash pickup days.
Tree limbs must be placed with trunks parallel to the street without obstructing the sidewalk. Individual items or bundles must weigh less than 50 pounds, and be no longer than 10 feet.
Bulky Waste – Acceptable
- Toys and Yard Tools Tagged as “Bulk Item”
- Bundled Carpet in 4-foot Lengths
- Fence Panels No Larger than 4′ x 6′
- Washing Machines, Dryers, Water Heaters and Kitchen Appliances
- Refrigerators/Freezers (must be tagged certifying removal of refrigerants)
- Additional Trash Bags
Bulky Waste – Prohibited
- Commercial Construction and Remodeling Debris
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Tires, Batteries, and Propane Tanks
- Loose Debris (Debris must be placed in a box or other container no larger than 2′ x 2′ x 4′ and weighing no more than 50 pounds.)
Household Hazardous & Electronic Waste Door Side Collection
CWD’s Door Side Collection program encourages safe, easy, and responsible disposal of approved hazardous waste and electronics. Household Hazardous & Electronic Waste (HH&EW) collection day is the first Wednesday of the month. To schedule, please call no later than the 15th of the month prior.
Items accepted via the HH&EW Door Side Collection program include poison, solvent, oil-based and latex paint, aerosols, used motor oil, auto batteries, fluorescent tubes, and televisions.
How to Prepare for Your HH&EW Collection
- Call CWD at 972.392.9300, Option 2.
- CWD will mail you a collection kit.
- Assemble your HH&EW according to the instructions provided.
- Place your HH&EW at your doorstep, where CWD will pick it up.
Bags must be placed near your entrance door, garage, or another area IN FRONT OF YOUR HOME. Do NOT place HH&EW curbside.
- Do not overfill the bag.
- Only the bag provided to you may be used.
- Bag must be closed securely.
- Items outside the bag must be placed in a cardboard box.
- Do not drag the bag.
- Pack the bag where it will be placed for collection and place all electronics, auto batteries and fluorescent tubes outside the bag.
- Wrap multiple fluorescent tubes together with tape. If available, use the original packaging to hold the tubes and stand them up to prevent breakage.
- Do not fill with pool chemicals as this can start a fire.
CWD provides all Commercial Trash and Recycling Services in the City of Forney.
Contact CWD’s representatives to change or set up new service at 972.392.9300, Option 2, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trash and Bulk & Brush services are provided on Wednesdays.
Recycling services are provided every other Wednesday.
HH&EW Door Side Collection is available the first Wednesday of each month.
Please see the map below to determine your service area.
The Forney Brochure is available to browse online or to download.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q How can I dispose of hazardous waste?
A Call CWD at 972.392.9300, Option 2, by the 15th of the month prior to collection day to be put on the HH&EW collection list. CWD will mail a collection kit to your home.
Q I have a bulk/brush pile that exceeds four (4) cubic yards. Can it picked up all at one time?
A Yes! Call CWD Customer Service at 972.392.9300, Option 2, and request an estimate for a special pickup. Estimates are free.
Q I recycle a lot! Am I able to get a second recycle cart?
A Absolutely! Please call CWD Customer Service at 972.392.9300, Option 2.