In partnership with the City of Wylie, Community Waste Disposal provides a comprehensive program for all refuse and recycling needs. Residents, place all items at your front curb by 7 am for service between 7 am and 7 pm.
All trash must be placed in bags inside the grey 95-gallon trash cart. Position your trash cart at least three (3) feet from any obstruction (building, fence, etc.) at the edge of the road, lid completely closed, with its handles toward your residence. Trash placed outside of the cart will not be serviced.
- Commercial construction or remodeling debris. Call CWD for estimate for special pickup.
- Household hazardous waste (paint, motor oil, pool chemicals, etc.)
- Miscellaneous automotive parts
- Dirt, Rocks, Sod, Mulch
Place your 95-gallon recycle cart at your pickup location by 7:00 am. All recyclables must be placed in bags inside the blue 95-gallon recycle cart. Position your recycle cart at least three (3) feet from any obstruction (building, fence, etc.) at the edge of the road, lid completely closed, with its handles toward your residence.
Keep your recycle cart separated from your trash cart by at least three (3) feet.
- Rinse bottles and cans
- Throw away all caps and sprayers
- Flatten plastic bottles
- Dry newspaper, magazines, catalogs, telephone books and mail
- Clean plastic container and bottles (#1-5 & #7 with caps removed)
- Flattened cardboard, containers and food boxes
- Clean glass bottles and jars (clear, brown, green and blue)
- Tin, steel and aluminum cans (place lid inside and squeeze closed)
- Plastic Bags
- Pool Chemicals
- Compost Material
- Garden Chemicals
- Wet Paint
- Glass from Windows
Call 972.392.9300 Option 2 to schedule a pickup. Call by 5 pm Tuesday for same week pickup from Wednesday through Saturday. A maximum of six (6) cubic yards of bulk and brush items will be picked up per service, with a limit of 24 cubic yards per year.
Place bulk and brush items curbside by 7 am Wednesday morning for your scheduled pickup.
Individual brush limbs may not exceed 15 feet in length, six (6) inches in diameter and 50 lbs. For retrieval of brush that exceeds these measurements, please call CWD Customer Service to arrange for a special pickup.
Acceptable Bulk & Brush
- Kitchen Appliances
- Washing Machines and Dryers
- Toys (must be tagged as “bulk item”)
- Yard Tools (must be tagged as “bulk item”)
- Bundled Carpet in 4-foot lengths (not to exceed 50 lbs.)
- Water Heaters
- Fence Panels (no larger than 4′ x 6′)
- Refrigerators (refrigerant must have been removed and certified with a tag on the appliance)
- Commercial Construction or Remodeling Debris. Call CWD for a pick-up estimate.
- Household Hazardous Waste (paint, motor oil, pool chemicals, etc.)
- Tires, Batteries and Miscellaneous Automotive Parts
- Dirt, Rocks, Sod, Mulch
Household Hazardous and Electronic Waste (HH&EW) may be disposed of at Clean Up Green Up Events.
Holiday Schedule: Please refer to www.CWD.to for an up-to-date holiday service schedule.
Questions & Answers
Q – How can I dispose of hazardous waste?
A – Household Hazardous and Electronic Waste (HH&EW) may be disposed of at Clean Up Green Up events.
Q – How do I get a special pickup for extra items or non-compliant items?
A – Call CWD Customer Service at 972.392.9300, Option 2, to request an estimate for a special pickup.