In partnership with the Town of Shady Shores, Community Waste Disposal provides a comprehensive program for all refuse and recycling needs.
Trash will be collected weekly, on Wednesday.
All trash must be placed in bags inside the grey 95-gallon trash cart.
Place all trash items out no later than 7:00 am for pickup between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm on your service days. Please ensure the trash cart and the recycle cart are separated by at least three (3) feet, and three (3) feet away from obstacles such as mailboxes, cars, fences, gas meters, and drainage ditches. Please ensure there is a 16-foot clearance above your cart.
Position the trash cart with the handles toward the street.
Recycling will be picked up weekly, on Wednesday.
All recyclables must be placed inside the blue 95-gallon recycle cart.
Place all recyclable items out no later than 7:00 am for pickup between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm on your service days. Please ensure the recycle cart and trash cart are separated by at least three (3) feet, and three (3) feet away from obstacles such as mailboxes, cars, fences, gas meters, and drainage ditches. Please ensure there is a 16-foot clearance above your cart.
Position the recycle cart with the handles toward the street.
You are limited to five (5) cubic yards of bulky waste per collection.
Important! CWD does not provide pickup for commercial demolition, construction, nor remodeling debris. Household debris must be containerized to be eligible for pickup. The box or other container must be no larger than 2′ x 2′ x 4′ and weigh no more than 50 pounds.
Place all bulk items out for collection no later than 7:00 am on your service day.
Bulk Items – Acceptable
- Toys tagged as “Bulk Item”
- Yard Tools Tagged as “Bulk Item”
- Bundled Carpet in 4-Foot Lengths
- Fence Panels Not Bigger than 4’ X 6’
- Bagged Leaves
Bulk Items – Prohibited
- Commercial Construction or Remodeling Debris. Call CWD for a pickup estimate.
- Household Hazardous Waste (paint, motor oil, pool chemicals, etc.)
- Tires, Batteries and Miscellaneous Automotive Parts
- Dirt, Rocks, Sod, Mulch
- Loose Household Debris (Debris must be placed in a box or other container no larger than 2’x2’x4′ and weighing no more than 50 pounds.)
Additional Trash and Bulk Items
May be dropped off at the CWD Transfer Station, 2010 California Crossing Road, Dallas, TX 75220 the first Saturday of each month, 8:00 am – 1:00 pm, excluding holidays. A copy of your current water bill is required. Fees will be assessed according to volume of material.
Loose brush and bulk collection is limited to five (5) cubic yards.
CWD will pick up unlimited tied and bundled brush. CWD will accept tied and bundled flattened cardboard outside the cart.
Place all brush and bulk items at your normal pickup location by 7 am on your service day.
Loose Brush Pickup Guidelines | All limbs should be placed with trunks parallel to the street, not blocking the sidewalk. Limbs should not be greater than six (6) inches in diameter, weigh no more than 50 pounds or be longer than 10 feet.
Household Hazardous Waste & Used Electronics Door Side Collection
CWD’s Door Side Collection program encourages safe, easy, and responsible disposal of approved hazardous waste and electronics. Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) & Used Electronics collection day is the first Wednesday of the month. To schedule, please call no later than the 15th of the month prior.
Items accepted via the HHW & Used Electronics Door Side Collection program include poison, solvent, oil-based and latex paint, aerosols, used motor oil, auto batteries, fluorescent tubes, and televisions.
How to Prepare for Your HHW & Used Electronics Door Side Collection
- Call CWD at 972.392.9300, Option 2.
- CWD will mail you a collection kit.
- Assemble your HHW according to the instructions provided.
- Place your HHW at your doorstep, where CWD will pick it up.
Bags must be placed near your entrance door, garage, or another area IN FRONT OF YOUR HOME. Do NOT place HHW curbside. Please ensure your HHW is visible from the street.
- Do not overfill the bag.
- Only the bag provided to you may be used.
- Bag must be closed securely.
- Items outside the bag must be placed in a cardboard box. Items accepted OUTSIDE THE BAG are used electronics, auto batteries, fluorescent straight tubes, CFLs and televisions ONLY.
- Do not drag the bag.
- Pack the bag where it will be placed for collection.
- Wrap multiple fluorescent tubes together with tape. If available, use the original packaging to hold the tubes and stand them up to prevent breakage.
- Do not fill with pool chemicals as this can start a fire.
- Place cardboard box(es), containing only acceptable items, next to the bag.
Trash service is on Wednesdays.
Recycle service is on Wednesdays.
Bulky Waste service is on Wednesdays.
Brush service is on Wednesdays.
Door Side HHW & Used Electronics Collection Schedule
Easily view the 2019 Shady Shores Door Side HHW & Used Electronics Collection Schedule here. Download it or print it for later reference.
The Shady Shores Brochure is available to browse online or to download.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q How can I dispose of hazardous waste?
A Call CWD Customer Service at 972.392.9300, Option 2, to request an HH&EW packet.
Q How do I get a special pickup for extra items or non-compliant items?
A Call CWD Customer Service at 972.392.9300, Option 2, to request an estimate for a special pickup. Estimates are always free.
Q How can I get an extra recycle or trash cart?
A Visit the Shady Shores Town Office at 101 South Shady Shores Road or call 940.498.0044 for assistance from the town.