CWD began a comprehensive refuse and recycling program for Castle Hills on October 1, 2017.
In Castle Hills, trash will be collected twice a week. Place all items out no later than 7:00 am on your pickup days for service between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm.
Please ensure the trash cart and the recycle cart are separated by at least three (3) feet, and that there is at least three (3) feet between the carts and any obstacles such as mailboxes, gas meters, and drainage ditches. Position the carts with the wheels toward the residence.
All trash must be placed in bags inside the green 95-gallon trash cart.
In Castle Hills, recyclables will be collected once a week. Place all items out no later than 7:00 am on your pickup days for service between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm.
Please ensure the recycle cart and the trash cart are separated by at least three (3) feet, and that there is at least three (3) feet between the carts and any obstacles such as mailboxes, gas meters, and drainage ditches. Position the carts with the wheels toward the residence.
All recyclables must be placed inside the blue 95-gallon recycle cart.
Bulk & Brush Collection
Bulk and brush will be collected on your second cycle* trash pickup day. You are limited to two (2) cubic yards of bulk and loose brush per week.
Limbs should not be greater than six (6) inches in diameter, should weigh no more than 50 pounds, nor be longer than 10 feet. All limbs should be placed with trunks parallel to the street without obstructing the sidewalk.
Tied and bundles brush may be set out in unlimited quantities.
Place all bulk and brush items next to your trash cart no later than 7:00 am on your designated service days.
*For example, if your trash service is scheduled Tuesdays and Fridays, your second cycle day is Friday.
Bulk – Acceptable
- Toys and Yard Tools Tagged as “Bulk Item”
- Bundled Carpet in 4-foot Lengths
- Fence Panels No Larger than 4’x6′
- Washing Machines, Dryers, Water Heaters and Kitchen Appliances
- Refrigerators/Freezers (Must be tagged certifying removal of refrigerants)
Bulk – Prohibited
- Commercial Construction and Remodeling Debris
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Tires, Batteries, and Propane Tanks
- Additional Trash Bags
- Loose Debris (Debris must be placed in a box or other container no larger than 2’x2’x4′ and weighing no more than 50 pounds.)
For Castle Hills residents, this service is provided twice a year; in the spring and again in the fall.
Household Hazardous & Electronic Waste Door Side Collection
CWD’s Door Side Collection program encourages safe, easy, and responsible disposal of approved hazardous waste and electronics.
Items accepted via the HH&EW Door Side Collection program include poison, solvent, oil-based and latex paint, aerosols, used motor oil, auto batteries, fluorescent tubes, and televisions.
How to Prepare for your HH&EW Collection
- Call CWD at 972.392.9300, Option 2.
- CWD will mail you a collection kit.
- Assemble your HH&EW according to the instructions provided.
- Place your HH&EW at your doorstep, where CWD will pick it up.
Bags must be placed near your entrance door, garage, or another area IN FRONT OF YOUR HOME. Do NOT place HH&EW curbside.
- Do not overfill the bag.
- Only the bag provided to you may be used.
- Bag must be closed securely.
- Items outside the bag must be placed in a cardboard box.
- Do not drag the bag.
- Pack the bag where it will be placed for collection and place all electronics, auto batteries and fluorescent tubes outside the bag.
- Wrap multiple fluorescent tubes together with tape. If available, use the original packaging to hold the tubes and stand them up to prevent breakage.
- Do not fill with pool chemicals as this can start a fire.
If your cart has been damaged or needs replacement due to normal wear and tear, please call 972.392.9300, Option 2, to request a replacement cart.
Trash services are provided twice a week on your scheduled pickup days.
Recycle services are provided once a week on your scheduled pickup days.
Bulk & Brush services are provided on your second pickup day of the week.
The Castle Hills Brochure is available to browse online or to download.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q Whom do I contact for new services, or for current service changes?
A Contact the Denton County Fresh Water Supply District No. 1-A at 972.899.4000 (www.dentoncountyfwsd.com)
Q My trash and/or items were not picked up. Is there anything I can do?
A Please contact CWD Customer Service at 972.392.9300, Option 2, within 24 hours of your missed pickup.