This event has passed.
Allen Recycles Day 2020
November 7, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm| Free
Safely dispose of electronics, paper shredding, and medications ONLY at this annual event. Due to COVID-19 precautions, no other recycling or disposal items will be accepted.
COVID-19 Event Changes
Due to operational changes, only the following items will be accepted:
- Paper for shredding
How to Participate
- Allen Recycles Day will begin at 8 a.m. on Saturday, November 7. All vehicles must be in line by 12 p.m. to participate in Allen Recycles Day. A City of Allen vehicle with a lighted sign will enter the back of the line at 12 p.m. to signify the event is closed.
- The event will run until 12 p.m. or until the trucks are full.
- To reduce contact with staff, place your latest water bill on your dashboard
- in front of the driver’s steering wheel.
- The driver is required to wear a face covering/mask if the driver will be opening their window or if materials will be retrieved from car seats.
What to Bring
To participate, you’ll need:
- A current City of Allen water bill
- A drivers license with a name and address that matches the name/address on your utility bill
- Accepted items only, listed below
Participants are responsible for removing all data from devices prior to disposal. No “tube” or rear-projection TVs or CRT computer monitors.
- Flat-screen TVs & computer monitors
- Computer towers & accessories
- Laptops & tablets
- Printers & ink cartridges
- Copy/fax machines
- Answering machines
Paper for Shredding
Limit 5 file-sized boxes or kitchen-sized (12-16 gallon) plastic trash bags. Remove all binders and clips before disposal.
Clean, empty, flattened cardboard boxes
Drop-offs are anonymous
- Prescription and non-prescription drugs
- Over-the-counter medications